Does anybody read these?

Friday, July 21, 2006

Insomnia...

I'm wide awake. It's after 2 a.m. I'm not tired at all.

Yet, I really have nothing to say. Not a very exciting day. I had a job interview today that I thought went extremely well. Hopefully something permanant will arrive soon. AND the temp agency called me to do some true temp work but because I had the interview I was unable to take them up on it.

I went and saw Nashville Star winner Chris Young. He was pretty good. Might put a review up on my other blog. I have been neglecting that site and if I did more with it I could use it as an example of my attempt to be a legitimate writer. Anyhow, Chris is a sweet guy. And even when they work on it, the service at Dave & Buster's blows.

I really want to go honky-tonkin' this weekend, but have yet to locate a partner in crime...

4 comment(s):

I would love to go see that guy! Hope you got some sleep and you find a going out partner!

By Blogger Kelli, at 7/21/2006 6:32 PM  

I was just browsing random blogs, and was struck by the personality that came across in yours.
If I may offer advice on the writing career - it's really tough. From age 17 to 30 I tried to be a writer while working at various low-paying jobs; from 30 to 50 I gave it up (except not really) and worked as a carpenter and contractor; at 51 I stumbled back into it. Now I make an almost adequate living writing for several big how-to magazines. And it's kind of a thrill, even if it is stuff like Tablesaw Tips and How to Replace your Bathtub. So - don't lose hope. You write well. You'll find a way forward eventually.

By Blogger Eric Smith, at 7/21/2006 11:46 PM  

You girls are always welcome to come visit. I will find some trouble for us to get into.

And thanks for the writing tips. I have no delusions about it being hard, but I just have to do it. It's just what I'm supposed to do.

By Blogger Laura, at 7/22/2006 12:45 AM  

I couldn't help but stop by with a title like yours. Can't help but be intrigued by such an open spirit. I suppose I'll have to swing back by. :)

PS I hope you find someone too!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/22/2006 12:48 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home