Does anybody read these?

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Same $#@*, different day...

So, today I woke up at 10:30 a.m. ONLY because Carol knocked on my door seeking my assistance. I had to take allergy meds, and I was so wonked out that I had some crazy dreams going on. Crazy. There were two different ones. (The second one was after my 6:52 pee break. I think maybe my body got used to being up then. Tough shit.) Some days I hate that my dreams are so vivid. Many nights it's like I'm watching a little movie.

My mom mailed my portfolio from Ohio for my interview tomorrow. Only I realized that A LOT of the things that I really need to be in there are not. I am going to wing it tomorrow. However, I am wondering if I should venture up to Ohio this weekend and get the other stuff I need. It's not a bad portfolio with the few additions that I can make, but some great pieces that I did aren't in it. I am not sure if it will impress the woman who's interviewing me tomorrow or not. We'll see... I'm just not sure I can scrape up gas money to get to Ohio anytime soon.

The temp agency called me today, and we had a little heart to heart about my career goals and I'm not sure I will hear from them anytime soon. That is not good, considering that I am going to be out of money in like a week. Apparently because I do aspire to do more than answer my phones at some point in my life, it will be harder to place me. I don't mind doing admin work, but honestly I won't be doing it forever.

I had a good phone interview today, but that job won't start until September if I get called back in for another interview. I'm just starting to get very frustrated and panicky. I'm sure something will come along soon. I have my fingers crossed.

In the meantime, I guess I will just cross my fingers that no one notices that my portfolio sucks tomorrow. It doesn't suck. I'm a good writer. It just looks like I've been living in a vortex for the last three years. But honestly, I kind of have. That's why I've been looking for a new job, right?

2 comment(s):

I hope things start looking up regarding the job..I know that is stressful..

I have my fingers crossed for ya!

By Blogger Kelli, at 7/19/2006 9:08 PM  

Yes, good luck with the job process. And yes, people do read these :)

By Blogger Jonathan, at 7/20/2006 10:40 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home