Does anybody read these?

Saturday, July 01, 2006

The dumbest thing I've ever seen...

So, I'm checking my email on Yahoo today and you know those changing ads in the corner?

I see one with a cartoon character that looks strikingly familiar, and then I realize what it is. It's the animated likeness of Daimler-Chrysler chairman Dieter Zetsche. Now, I will just leave my commentary on the whole DCX "merger" to myself, but I do want to talk about this Web site.

Anyhow, this cartoon character is promoting a new Web site called AskDrZ.com, where you can ask the cartoon likeness of Dr. Zetsche any question your heart desires about DaimlerChrysler products. I didn't spend much time there, because frankly I was scared, but I'm betting that from Dodge Neon to Mercedes S-class, "Dr. Z" has it under control.

Maybe it's Daimler's attempt to connect with the public since they're often seen as aloof and out of touch, especially with American consumers. Maybe someone at some interactive marketing agency had too much Red Bull one day. I don't know. I just know that I thought it was dumb.

Y'all go check it out and if anyone feels the urge to buy a new car when you're done, let me know.

Wonder how Rick Wagoner and William Clay Ford will top them? Or if they'll even try?

3 comment(s):

Nope doesn't make me want to buy a car from them...

By Blogger one4JC, at 7/01/2006 9:11 PM  

The arrogance of Dr. Z with his thick German accent is unbelievable! "After all we did invent the automobile." Yeah, and you also invented Auschwitz with its gate sign,"Arbeit Macht Frei." Sell your DaimlerChrysler stock immediately! Buy a Ford or a GM product!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/16/2006 7:35 AM  

OK, I totally didn't publish the version with your name, but your point is the same. I always thought Ransom Olds invented the automobile, but that could've been my GM-centric world! One thing's for sure, if I HAD to buy a German car, DCX is at the bottom of my list!!!

By Blogger Laura, at 7/16/2006 11:53 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home