Does anybody read these?

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Quickie

I'm way tired and I have a busy day tomorrow. I have another fun-filled day of hanging up on people and watching paint dry at my temp job. Then after that I go across the street to my real part-time job.

Anyhow, I heard back from a nifty job that I will not be getting but that's OK. I am staying positive. It was not the right fit.

I met with the lady I'm supposed to be doing some fundraising consulting with. It will definitely be a challenge, and I don't foresee making any money any time soon. And before Gini posts and tells me I'm not positive (I love you; you know that, right?), I will just say that most people have no idea what it takes to start a new organization. It is hard and you need to stay focused. Do a little and do it well. And these folks are all over the map. I'm not sure what their mission is because they want to do everything. They have lofty fundraising goals, that I'd definitely put in a five-year plan. They can't all happen before Halloween unless you half-ass them and there's no point in a new organization doing that unless you want to be seen as flightly, half-assing people with a mission that's all over the charts. But nothing's impossible. So, we'll call that a challenge. Wow.

I have some very good job leads, and I fully intend to nail this interview on Monday. If anyone can talk about rural issues and media relations, that'd be me. I have a good feeling about this job. Probably the best one I've had so far. It's nonprofit. It's WRITING and media relations. It's not fundraising. After today I realized that I could better the gifts God's given me if I avoid fundraising as a career. Although I did apply today to be a Grantwriter. Key word: WRITER.

Will keep you posted. The greatest job ever is just waiting for me to come find it!

1 comment(s):

Yea!
Your on the right track!! Keep the positive.Brush all the negative from you mind. You just keep tell ing yourself the job is yours and you'll be great at it. You go girl.
I believe in you.
Love ya.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/26/2006 6:49 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home