Does anybody read these?

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving!

I could make this a long, sappy, sentimental post about all the things I'm thankful for, but that's not the mood that I'm in. I am very thankful for many, many things. I live in a beautiful city where it's bright and sunny (I'm almost wishing I had not skipped the Boulevard Bolt this morning!). There is plenty of food waiting for us to eat it in a few hours. I have a fantastic job. I even have a second, slightly less fantastic job where I go a few hours a week so that I can buy myself nice things like iPods and Caribbean vacations. I have wonderful friends. There's a beautiful brown dog lying next to me on the couch, and my lovely roommate is cooking up some cranberries in our kitchen. All in all, 2006 has been fantastic, and I've had a lot to be thankful for. Yes, I miss my family this year, but my mom and her sisters are coming to visit tomorrow, so all is well.

This morning I woke up to the smell of pumpkin pie. Carol did most of the cooking, which was very nice of her. I contributed wine for dinner, but she didn't have the heart to tell me that she doesn't like Riesling, so I feel bad. I rolled out some homemade noodles, and that was pretty much all the work I had to do. I think I'll offer to make dinner for Christmas, assuming that I don't find a way to get home. I'm working on it. However, I got so screwed with my schedule this week that I'm not even sure I'll ask. Of course, there were other factors that I'm pretty sure played into my getting hosed at work this week, but those will have to be for another day.

So, I am thankful for many things in my life. And I hope that everyone who reads this stops long enough today to thank God for the many blessings in their lives.

Happy Thanksgiving!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home