Does anybody read these?

Friday, March 28, 2008

I'm sick.

Sorry I've been incommunicado the last few days. My mom seems to have given everyone strep throat over Easter break. I will say that this is the most mild case of strep I've had -- I think I caught it earlier than usual -- but the doctor that I went to is a real stickler and told me I was not to leave my house or have contact with anyone for 48 hours and couldn't go to work for four days. That's right. I went Thursday morning, and she said no work until Monday.

I had to call Toyland and bail for Thursday and the entire weekend. I had to call Katherine and tell her I'd be out until Monday morning, although I have so much to do that I may go in Sunday and try to get some things accomplished so I don't start next week in the hole. Urggh. I'm so busy right now, and I really didn't need to be sick.

I'm already feeling a little better, and I am very sick of sitting on the couch and watching TV. I have watched all of the movies I have rented, and there is nothing good for free on OnDemand. I may see what costs $4 and tell Jane to add it to my bills for next month.

Tomorrow I am going to go out. I'm starting to get sick of the groceries I have in the house, plus since I won't be contagious I'm going to try to still have my cookout, assuming the weather cooperates. It was supposed to be to celebrate the first nice Saturday, but the weather has decided to turn on us. I could always grill outside and just serve the food inside. That might work.

I can't think of the last time that I wore PJs for two days straight and didn't leave the house. I'm pretty much going insane right now. There's a lot of shit on TV, and I haven't even had the energy to turn my computer on, so I had tons of e-mail (mostly junk) waiting for me.

I am thinking of putting some plants out on the deck. Maybe a little herb garden (I'm thinking fresh mint for my mojitos...). We'll see. I'm not much of a green thumb.

Did I tell y'all my neighbor bumped my car earlier this week? I was supposed to get an estimate, but I may not even worry about it because I'm pretty sure it's cosmetic. My car looks like shit anyway. A new bumper isn't going to help. Tomorrow I also need to unpack all my stuff I brought back from Mom & Dad's. I needed kitchen utensils...

I need to figure out what I am making for dinner tomorrow and get my grocery list together. I'm thinking steaks, pasta salad, french fries on the grill and brownies or key lime pie.

3 comment(s):

OH*WOW!! Can I come to your cookout? Sounds good!

Feel better soon.

By Blogger Daisy, at 3/29/2008 7:47 AM  

OK now I am hungry! The weather here is really crappy today so it looks like an inside day. I had strep once in my life and it just hit all at once and I thought I was going to die. I hope you feel better soon. Ihope your weather improves for your cookout.

By Blogger rosalie, at 3/29/2008 11:53 AM  

The food does sound good. I am craving your BBQ right now and I'm on my super-strict diet.

There's always November!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/01/2008 12:05 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home