Does anybody read these?

Friday, May 16, 2008

Decisions

I just got this e-mail, and I thought that it was something I should share, all things considered. It comes from Micheal Burt, a motivational speaker who talked to us at work a few months ago. His Web site is www.maximumsuccess.org if you have the desire to hire a motivational speaker any time soon. I think you can sign up for his daily inspirational e-mails there, too.


The past is finite. The future is infinite. I don't know specifically where each of you have been or where you are going. I do know that in life we will all face unwanted outcomes. That is the stimulus. Between that stimulus and our response is OUR space and in that space lies our ability to choose our response to what happens to us.

Here are your three choices:

1. Allow the event to forever DISPIRIT you.

2. Allow the event to just get you back to NORMAL.

3. Use the event as a DEFINING MOMENT in your life to forever be changed for the positive.

I know it's hard but choose wisely. I close with one of my favorite sayings, "WE only get one life, but if we work it just right one is all we will ever need."

Best of luck the next time you have an unwanted outcome in your life. Now you have a new tool set to get different results.

(P.S. I'm grateful I didn't just knock my cottage cheese container off my desk. What a mess that would've been!)

1 comment(s):

Thanks for this post. It was what I needed to hear.

Charlene

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/19/2008 11:07 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home