Does anybody read these?

Friday, May 16, 2008

I'm a little grateful today.

I am trying to be positive, but I still don't have time to blog.

I went to work yesterday morning and didn't get done until 11:15 p.m. at Toyland. Loooonnnggg day. I did get to go to a nursing home and hang out with patients for National Nursing Home Week. That was cool. They play sports on the Nintendo Wii so they can exercise, and they rock it with wheelchair races. I enjoyed myself.

I didn't get to the gym yesterday, but that's OK because my thighs are still burning from my foray into running. But, it's a good pain, and I'm going back for more at lunch time.

I am trying my hand at making my own barbecue pork shoulder, which is cooking at home in my crock pot right now.

My phone hasn't rang in two days, not even for a little text message. It's OK though. I decided that never, ever again am I tolerating someone making me feel like our relationship issues are my fault. Because they aren't all my fault. It takes two. And when I ask what I'm doing wrong, and I'm told everything is fine, then it needs to be fine. Or it needs to be over. It's not fine, so I'm guessing it's over. Maybe someone will notice that I'm missing, but it's too little, too late. I just wish that love was enough, you know? I just can't do it all myself, and frankly I'm beyond pissed that plans were canceled without an explanation last week. But I suspect I wouldn't want to hear the explanation, even if it were given. What's that old Kenny Chesney song ... "A Woman Knows"?

I just really don't want to be alone for the rest of my life, so I'm going to trust that God has a plan for me, and I've not yet stumbled onto it. Fingers crossed.

The Bible Park that my coworker has been fighting just might not happen. I thought it was a bad idea, but they weren't building it in my front yard. I just hope that it's really over, because people got really nasty about it. So, I'm grateful for the nine smart Rutherford County Commissioners.

I'm grateful for business casual attire in the summer, not that I have mastered business casual or that anyone here seems to follow the dress code for the rest of the year. Oh well. I have cute skirts and sandals that I can't wait to wear.

I'm trying a new massage place tonight because the massage school is having some sort of problem. And then I think I'm going home and going to veg on my couch and watch a movie. I like being at home most days. It's nice, but it does get a little lonely.

I'm going to go to 5 p.m. mass tomorrow. Just to make sure I get there. I need to be better about getting to church...

I'm also grateful for body scrub, coffee pots that make the coffee while you sleep and 24-hour Krogers.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home