Does anybody read these?

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Break

I may be taking a little break from posting here. I'm kind of over the Internet right now.

You see, I have been on a work trip since Saturday, and you had to pay for Internet at our hotel. And, for the first time in my life, I decided it wasn't worth the $8/day to lug my laptop and read all the bullshit that lives on the Internet.

I don't want to fight with assholes on message boards who need to be the center of attention. I don't want to be a mobster or take movie quizzes or read passive-aggressive jabs at me on bulletins on Myspace. It was also nice to realize that someone I greatly care about is so ashamed of being my friend that I'm not worthy to have my comments approved. Asshole.

But, mostly, I don't want people in my business right now. If I want you in my business, I have your phone number or email address and I will call you if there is business you need to know. If you don't get a call about my vacation or my love life or whatever else, it's none of your business. As of today, I'm putting everyone on a need-to-know basis, and frankly, I don't think anyone needs to know anything.

I'm just over it. I'm just over it all. I have my core group of friends, and maybe they'll read this and feel compelled to ask me what's going on. And maybe I'll stop being stubborn and realize I need friends right now, and I'll tell them... I'd like to think that's what will happen.

But I'm sick of people I don't know and/or have no place for in my life knowing my business. I'm sick of getting hurt over and over again by people whom I care about. I was fine for five whole days without this blog, e-mail, Myspace and all that other bullshit that keeps you from doing your work. Now I'm back and vacation is a mess and my friends aren't really my friends. I thought about deleting my Myspace, but it's really not Myspace's fault that people are assholes.

I've got a lot going on in my life, and the Internet just isn't on my radar screen right now.

1 comment(s):

Glad you are back from your work trip. I can tell you did not enjoy it, I wish it had been better.

By Blogger rosalie, at 8/30/2008 12:03 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home