Does anybody read these?

Thursday, August 14, 2008

It's official!

Well, my pocketbook is $400 lighter, and I'm broke and payday isn't officially until tomorrow, but I have booked my vacation to the lovely island of St. John.

Yes, less than three months from now, I will be sunning myself at Trunk Bay. I'm pretty sure there will be rum punch involved.

Where we're staying is up in the air, but we'll find somewhere if necessary. As someone on my travel forum today said: "Your motto should be: 'How can you be pissed off in Paradise?'" And yes, I truly feel that way. We might be sleeping in a Jeep Wrangler, but we'll be there, and that's all that's important.

I just want it to be nice, as it's Char's first trip. I'm not sure my company is enough.

Song of the day: "Two Tickets to Paradise" by Eddie Money.

And, I think it's time to start the Caribbean Countdown Photo of the Day again. This time, I'm only going to use photos from last year's trip.

Bon voyage!

I hope Ivan has my hammock waiting. Jimmy Buffet and I have a hot date!

Photobucket

5 comment(s):

I am very happy we are going. I'll put my nose to the grindstone to look for a good ticket and book it soon.

By Blogger Char by the Sea, at 8/14/2008 8:05 PM  

It's not fair at all. Why do I have to stay and work?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/15/2008 7:14 PM  

WHO is that hotty in green?

By Blogger TanteToma, at 8/15/2008 10:20 PM  

Cindy, if that's you, I still think you should call out for a week. If it's anyone else and you have $500, you too could stay in our lovely villa!

That hotty in the green is just some chick I picked up in the airport. ;)

By Blogger Laura, at 8/16/2008 10:40 AM  

Vacation sounds so good about now! I can't wait for November.

By Blogger rosalie, at 8/16/2008 6:44 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home