Does anybody read these?

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Happy Place

On the VIOL forum, someone asked us to share our "most perfect" memory of St. John. I decided to copy and paste it here for those of you who maybe haven't been there or maybe don't get why I don't want to go anywhere else for vacation.

Every moment on STJ has been so great, it's hard to pick one moment, but I think I might be able to.

The first morning of my first trip, after a horrendous travel day from Hell the day before, I made breakfast for all of the girls. Our kitchen had a beautiful view of the water and St. Thomas. I had Jimmy Buffett cranked up, and I was drinking pineapple juice and Malibu at 8 a.m.

I decided at that moment that this must be what heaven would be like. It was the moment I "got it," and realized that I was in a very special place.

As one of the girls on that trip said: With every moment, you think, "It doesn't get any better than this." But, on St. John, it always does.

Whether it's lounging with the chickens and my rum punch at Maho or laughing with my girlfriends over supper in the dark at Banana Deck, St. John holds many of my most treasured memories.

Song of the Day: "Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes" by Jimmy Buffett.

1 comment(s):

Every moment on STJ just does get better....you are right laura
soooooooo right

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/12/2009 8:24 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home