Does anybody read these?

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

On to happy things

Life is what you make it, and I'm going to make mine wonderful. I have a lovely little girl in my life who loves me, and it's quite possible that her adorable daddy might even love me more than she does. Last night, he and I went out with my friends because I thought I felt well enough to eat (I have been battling some sort of stomach virus for several days). Turns out I wasn't well enough to eat. And he held my head while I curled up in the booth being sick and whiny. He is just so great with me. He loves hanging out with my friends (even offered to drive one of them home last night when she'd had too much to drink), and he treats me well. He's stayed with me at the house while I've been sick and waited on me hand and foot. I am so lucky to have him in my life.

I figured I'd take a second to tell you about my car. It's a 2008 Chevrolet HHR. Yes, it's used, but I saved about nine grand to get one that's been loved for a year. And it sure does look nice, and GM adds another 12,000 miles to the warranty to make up for it. I am still not sure that I'm not crazy to sign up for another several years' worth of car payments, but I've wanted one of these cars since I first saw them. It's got the engine and drivability of a car, but I can haul stuff. Not that I have lots of stuff to haul, but I do have my bicycle.

Oh well, it's back to work for me. I'll try to take some pictures of the car and post them, but I have to work the next two nights in toyland. And with the extra expense of a new car, I'm not cursing extra work!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home