Does anybody read these?

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Story time

I figured I'd tell you all a little story.

As you'll remember, I started dating Chris when my former boyfriend, who had been acting like a douchebag for months did his final, line-drawn-in-the-sand, super-douchebaggy thing. I don't even remember what it was, but I am pretty sure that it had something to do with our "anniversary," as I met Chris in mid-December. I just realized our relationship was completely and totally doomed and we weren't ever going to work out for whatever reason, and I put myself out there and moved on.

And I think I've done a helluva job moving on. I'm super happy these days.

Anyhow, everyone knows that the best thing that you can do for a relationship is to ignore a guy because that makes him want you again. I wasn't doing that intentionally, but I was off enjoying myself with Chris and Shelby and that meant that I didn't have time to send dirty picture messages to someone who treated me like shit for about 10 months, albeit with brief, periodic episodes of "good boyfriend-ness."

Well, all the ignoring must've reminded him it was time to string his Plan B along, because he's started sending and leaving me messages about how he loves me and he'll do anything (except buy a plane ticket or get in his car and head West, apparently) to keep me. I keep telling him I just don't see it happening for us and that I didn't really think I had any choice but to move on. But he sends his weekly text message to keep the home fires burning, you know.

I've always suspected there was someone else. The ignoring, canceling plans, the top-secret vacation where he shared a room with a mystery girl and her knock-off designer purse, the fact that he wouldn't introduce me to his friends or publish my comments on Myspace, no matter how innocent they were ... you know, shit like that.

Well, suspect no more. I am scrolling through my friends on Myspace the other day, and I notice that his PROFILE picture is him with his face buried in some woman's tits. Hello?! I don't care if he has another girlfriend. In fact, I would prefer it seeing how I am very happily attached to someone who is not him. However, this guy sent me a message saying he loved me and missed me about 20 minutes before he posted these pictures, which were in an album called "My bitch's birthday party." From what I can ascertain, this gal named Christine is his bitch and they celebrated her birthday with some body shots.

Why on God's green earth would you pursue another woman when you are posting pictures of someone who is obviously your girlfriend on your Web site? Why would you go out and get yourself a new girlfriend when you had a perfectly good one who loved you anyway? Whatever, it's over. I wouldn't date anyone who called his girlfriend "my bitch" anyhow. I guess I'm probably better off that he was too ashamed of me to admit that I existed.

It shouldn't hurt. He did me a favor by being a dick. I have an absolutely amazing boyfriend who loves me, and we are very happy together. But it still sucks when someone cheats on you. Especially when they are doing it right under your nose and think that you are still their best offer. I might not be thin, but that doesn't mean that I have to desperately hang on to the hollow promises of some guy because nothing better is going to come along. Chris wasn't the only person interested in me this whole time. I've had lots of interest. I'm pretty, smart, I have a good job. I'm kind, funny and I am pretty good in the kitchen. People are impressed by that. One of my friend's husband used to ask her all the time how I managed to stay single.

The reason I held on was not because I couldn't find anyone else. It was because I didn't want to. At least not until he started treating me like shit.

So, I guess the moral of this story is to never sell yourself short. You might have to kiss a lot of toads, but there are princes out there if we get out there and look.

Tonight, I think I'm going to go drink whiskey and listen to Vern Gosdin tunes with my boyfriend before (and maybe after) the hockey game.

1 comment(s):

You definitely don't deserve to be cheated on or mistreated. I'm happy you found a great guy to share your life with and one who makes you happy. You definitely don't want to waste your time with someone who doesn't appreciate you for the wonderful, intelligent & beautiful woman that you are.

You give me hope that I can find someone myself. Guess I just have to start looking (which I dread.)

By Blogger Char by the Sea, at 3/05/2009 10:07 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home