Does anybody read these?

Monday, March 16, 2009

Sad news in the search for XM radio

So, I never called last week about my XM radio because Chris took the car in for service on Tuesday and planned to ask about it then. And he did. And the service guys told him that he needed to talk to the salesman about it.

And when he told them our salesman was Chad, they acted kind of weird and said he wouldn't be in that day.

I've been meaning to track him down, but I haven't had time. That's probably a good thing, because we found out this weekend that Chad passed away.

I'm not sure of all the details because aside from an obituary in the Tennessean, everything we've gotten has been second-hand. But 27-year-old men don't just drop dead in their homes.

I am really sad. He was a good kid, and I felt good about helping him out by buying a car from him. I just felt like he was trying hard to make it in life, you know?

I'm not sure what happened, but I've had a heavy heart all weekend. I feel awful for his family.

And not to make this about me, because it shouldn't be at all. But I'm not sure what to do about the XM radio at this point. Chad's not around to say that he did tell me it was in there, so it's probably a losing battle. I also kind of feel like an asshole for even raising the issue.

However, I'm not sure how exactly I'm supposed to get the XM behind my dashboard if I don't talk to the dealership about it. I think I'll just call the sales manager tomorrow and see if there's anything they can do for me.

Chris kind of rolls his eyes at me when I wonder out loud if maybe the car is cursed. I just wonder how long it'll take for me not to think about that poor boy every time I put the key in the ignition.

I hope they figure out what happened and whoever was responsible is brought to justice. And people wonder why I try very, very hard to not get involved in anything that could cause me trouble. It's just not worth it.

1 comment(s):

I have been anxiously waiting for your newest entry on the blog. It is unfortunate about your salesman; has there been any updates on what happened and who did it?

By Blogger rosalie, at 3/29/2009 7:48 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home