Does anybody read these?

Monday, April 13, 2009

Wow.

I don't think I've ever gone almost a month without posting before. Luckily, I am too poor to eat lunch today because I am refinancing my car this week. Yes, I'll be temporarily broke, but I will save $4,000 and 18 months of payments to do this. I have to pay a downpayment, which I should've done in the first place, but let's just say I've learned lots of lessons about buying a car, and leave it at that.

Except that I want to bitch and moan about how it might've been a little stupid to buy a car with the uncertainty of the economy and life in general. But considering that General Motors might not be around much longer and a larger car is better for me and my new-found family, I really think I made a good decision.

And while the white is dirty all the freaking time, the chrome sure does pop!

As for my salesman, they've found the person who they believe murdered him, and he is still in jail. I still haven't dealt with the XM radio because a) I have been busy and b) I'm not really sure I care anymore. It's $15/month I don't really want to spend, although it does make a lot of sense to call and ask them to fix an option your car was supposed to have in the first place. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow on my fake lunch break, since I've spent today's working on this.

Life has been so busy lately. I have a new boss at work, and it's very different. I'm just doing my job and trying not to make waves. Nothing's really changed for me except that I don't really have any direction and guidance. In some ways I'm doing more work, in other ways, I'm not. Actually, I have a new boss at both places. Things are definitely easier in Toyland, because my hours have been significantly cut. Luckily, I am using my earned time off and vacation time lately, or I'd be completely broke. I am in the process of writing a note to the student loan people explaining that my hours have been cut and I'm going to need to change my payment plan.

But, really, I'm trying to be happy with my not-so-smart decision to purchase a new car just because it was Monday or whatever reason it was.

Things are going well with Chris. We had a heart-to-heart last night, and I think that really helped. I know we love each other, and I suspect that we'll be together until we get sick of each other. At least I hope so.

The religion issue is less than ideal, but if God wants us to be together, he will work it out. I am spending more time with Shelby, and I just want us to have a family and live happily ever after. I made my very first Easter basket this weekend, and it was a hit. I didn't give her too much stuff, because that's not what Easter is about.

I like being a kinda-sorta stepmom. It really is the hardest thing I've ever done. I'm about to go broke with all her friend's/cousins' birthday parties (the first one was Saturday, and it was so lovely it might get a separate post). But that beautiful, blond little angel makes it all worth it. I told Chris last night that once we figure out what the hell we're doing here, he gets two tries to get a little boy. And if that little boy has coke-bottle glasses because of the eye disease, he can't say a word because I warned him.

Speaking of me, little boys and eye diseases, it's that time of year again. The Vision Walk is May 16 here in Nashville, and I need to raise money so that maybe my little boy -- whenever he gets here -- might be able to see for his whole, entire life. So, if you're reading this and have even a few bucks to spare, let me know. I'd really appreciate it. I'd like for my team to raise $1,000 this year, but I don't even know who my team is at this point. Yikes.

For those of you who are in Nashville (does anyone from Nashville read this anymore), as I mentioned we could use walkers for the Vision Walk and afterwards, there is going to be a super-fun cookout/beach party kind of thing at my house. I'm getting a tiki hut inflatable cooler, if that sweetens the deal.

Part of the reason that I haven't been around is because I fell and hurt myself. I am doing much better, but I did miss several days of work and had 17 stitches and took lots of pain meds. I still have bad moments (especially because my teeth still hurt), but I'm about a million times better than I was.

Chris is meeting my family this weekend. I'm kind of nervous, even though I'm 33 years old and live 400 miles away from them, so it doesn't particularly matter to me if they hate him. But I can't imagine anyone hating him. He took care of me when I was hurt, and he just takes care of me in general. We're a very good team, even though we're very, very different.

I hope that is a good mish-mashed update for everyone. I need to get back to work (even though I didn't take a whole hour). Just wanted everyone to know I am alive and practically well. I'm just very, very busy.

2 comment(s):

Busy is good.......I am glad you are good too.
Are you still coming to FL in May?
I bet Shelby's Easter basket was the best she ever got.......:)
Rosi

By Anonymous Rosi, at 4/13/2009 5:26 PM  

nice to see you back, I know I have missed you here even though we do keep in touch elsewhere.

By Blogger rosalie, at 4/19/2009 8:42 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home