Does anybody read these?

Friday, April 23, 2010

Progress

So, they always say when you are decorating to start with the smallest rooms first. And actually, the two rooms I have planned (my bathroom and the guest powder room) are probably going to make the biggest impact too.

We'll see how my do-it-yourself skills really are, because I have a few projects that I'll be doing on my own, but a lot of it boils down to paint and cute accessories.

My downstairs bathroom is going to be "paris chic." Ooh la la. My inspiration there was a Waverly Fabric called "tres chic." Think fashionistas, Paris, pink. Ooh la la, indeed. The walls are going to be a bright pink. Currently I am leaning toward "Sexy Pink" by Glidden, but I need to get a tester at Home Depot and see how I like it on the walls. Right now, I am just taping chips to the wall and see what I like. I am also waiting on an accessory, which is a little white, black and pink picture of the Eiffel Tower. I'm completing the look with fleur de lis TP and towel holders, a black frame on the mirror, my antique doctor's office table (which is white and black enamelware), coordinating switchplates and a sign on the door that says "toilette" like you see in Paris.

My bathroom, of course, is sticking with the beachy theme of the old house. Only now I will have Caribbean blue walls, a mirror frame made from shells, sea glass and nautical rope and another DIY project: a flip-flop towel rack, which I will post a picture of as soon as I am finished with it. It's going to involve power tools! Eek!

As for my bedroom, I am looking for a perfect shade of cream/beige/off-white to go with all the aqua and gray I have now. I'm going to complete the look with a frame of pictures from St. John and some antique Caribbean cruise posters. Oh, and fishing net from my canopy!

Downstairs, I have picked out my living room furniture, but I haven't ordered it yet. I may have to paint when I'm done, but we'll know once I see it for sure.

So, that's where we are with the house. It's nowhere near being picture-ready, but you'll see it as soon as it is!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home