Does anybody read these?

Thursday, April 08, 2010

New rules

OK, so I have changed the rules of time-out. Until further notice, no one can make comments on my blog.

I know. It sucks. I don't want to do it, but I don't really need to be verbally abused by jerks either. And you all really don't need to read that. In response to the negativity in my life that I can't control, I am going to be positive in the aspects of my life that I can control.

So, shame on the mean people for ruining it for everyone else. But perhaps they've moved on with their lives and taken up knitting or rescuing ponies or being "friends" with celebrities who live in places other than Nashville. Regardless, not my issue. I am not friends with said celebrity, even though I still get the occasional late-night text when he drinks too much. I like ponies; they're cute (although they will kick you and knock you over when you piss them off). Never got knitting. Too much hand-eye coordination for me.

Things are OK here. I am really working at losing weight. I have been going to a class with my trainer and another trainer and I'm definitely stronger, although I don't know if fitter is a word I would use to describe myself. I am starting my walking regimen today, and I will be walking a lot because (so far) I have signed up for a 5K in June and a half marathon at the end of September. Plus, I have the Vision Walk in May, although that's more about helping little blind kids than getting finished.

I have made a bet with myself, and I am putting it down for all the Internets to see right now. I am going to work really hard with my diet and exercise, and if I haven't make marked improvement in six months (I guess that would be mid-October), then I am going to talk to my doctor about my surgical options. I am thinking about that lap band surgery, but I think with a good team, I can do it on my own.

I also joined a book club. I'm all about growth and renewal right now. Why not? The Easter season is a time for new beginnings.

My house is a humongous mess still, but I did buy a china hutch and I am going to start working my room soon enough. I need to move my bed so I can run my ceiling fan!

1 comment(s):

any kind of encouragement I can be you know you can count on it even though I am miles away. Hey you can do the same for me because I really have to get serious here.

By Blogger Rosalie, at 4/13/2010 8:17 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home