Does anybody read these?

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Miami

I am heading off in less than 24 hours to visit my little chubby sobrino, Juanito, for his baptism. It's also nice that he lives near the beach. I am planning to teach him about sun, sand and key lime pie while I visit.

Yes, I am the best aunt ever.

I get to see my beloved Tigers play in the Grapefruit League (vs. The Blue Jays, but you can't win them all).

I am going to make my world-famous (OK, just-at-my-house-famous seafood quiche) using fresh seafood.

I'm going to eat a Cuban Sandwich made by real Cubans.

I'm going to talk in Spanish with strangers (and relatives).

I'm going to see my lovely friend Toma, whom I miss more than you can imagine, and maybe stay in her Golden Girls house. ("Thank you for being a friend...")

I'm going to eat conch fritters and key lime pie, but I am not going to drink mojitos, because I am three weeks sober. Yay, lent! (Or Cruzan Voodoo Juice, even though I know there is somewhere in Marathon that still makes it. Really.)

I am going to be with my ENTIRE family for the first time since Lance's wedding, plus I get to meet our new family members: The Stanfords!

I am going to get a tan and have "beach hair." I will look hot!

The song of the day: "Miami" by Will Smith. True confession time: EVERY time I arrive in Miami, I play this song the second I can get to my iPod. Not joking. When I am on the plane (even for my layover to da islands), the second I hit the terminal, I start it up. When I drive, it is the minute I see the sign that says "Now entering Miami-Dade County." I kick it on and sing along. It is also fun to play when you're driving through South Beach with the windows down. Yeah, I'm a tourist. Can't you see the license plates?

Bienvenidos a Miami.

As always, this blog will take a break while I'm gone. I disconnect on vacation. If you need me, call or text my cell, but don't expect a prompt response.

2 comment(s):

I already know you are having a good time. Give Toma a hug for me.

By Blogger Rosalie, at 3/11/2010 6:56 AM  

It was soooooo great to see you. Just catching up on blogs, as I had BRONCHITIS for almost 2 weeks! Ick! Love you and THANK YOU for being MY friend! xo

By Blogger TanteToma, at 3/28/2010 7:56 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home