Does anybody read these?

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Martha

Sometimes we need reminding. This was the reading for the Upper Room today.

Luke 10:38-42
38
As they continued their journey he entered a village where a woman whose name was Martha welcomed him.
39
She had a sister named Mary (who) sat beside the Lord at his feet listening to him speak.
40
Martha, burdened with much serving, came to him and said, "Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me by myself to do the serving? Tell her to help me."
41
The Lord said to her in reply, "Martha, Martha, you are anxious and worried about many things. 42
There is need of only one thing. Mary has chosen the better part and it will not be taken from her."

***
So often I get busy and forget to make time for God. So often I worry about tidying up instead of talking to Him and letting him deal with it. I know better, but I still do it. God can be sitting there waiting to have a conversation with me and I am too busy worrying about making things pretty, fluffing the proverbial pillows of life.

I need to pray. I need to talk to God about the things going on in my life. I need to trust Him to make everything work out according to His plan. And, mostly, I need to let him worry about my problems and take rest from that which wears me down. After all, he doesn't give us more than we can handle. But, much like Mother Teresa, I worry that He trusts me too much.

And, then, after I'm done talking to God and asking Him for help, I can run the vaccuum.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home