Does anybody read these?

Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Loss

Whenever someone leaves, everyone always tries to cheer you up by saying, "Well, it's his/her loss."

That's very sweet, but it's bullshit.

Yet another person walked away. Another person I really cared about and would do anything for. And, yet again, I lost what had become my surrogate family here in Nashville.

So, it is my loss. And at the end of the day, I will probably be better off. But it still hurts right now. I will still miss those people who had been like a family to me. People whom I thought would do anything for me, but just ended up completely, totally and royally fucking me and burning all bridges as they walked away.

Friends don't sneak into the house while you're at work, load up all their stuff and then leave the keys and a hundred-dollar bill on the kitchen table (when they owed you many times that).

I am sure that whoever I meet on the Internet to be my new roommate will be quite pleasant, since I am obviously the worst judge of character EVER.

But maybe I should take my chances with strangers, since friends seem to like to completely and totally fuck you over. I just feel bad, because I never, ever would've left Jane's house, which I loved, if I would've realized that people were going to play me like a harp.

Oh well. Lesson learned. At least it'll be quiet and no one will bitch about my snoring now. Even though I have no idea who's going to paint my house and put my ceiling fans in...

1 comment(s):

It always hurts when you change which people are in your life. I am sorry you are going through this.

By Blogger GB's Mom, at 6/01/2010 7:33 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home