Does anybody read these?

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving is tomorrow. I just wanted to take a few minutes to say some thanks just in case I don't get to tomorrow when I am up to my elbows in pies.

First of all, I know it sounds silly, but I want to thank anyone who is reading this. Your support of my craft means a lot to me, and I promise that there will be lots of exciting things happening here in the next few months. Just be patient.

This year has been a wild year, but I am so thankful for all of my family and friends. I am especially thankful for my adorable nephew Juanito and my new family, the Stanfords. If nothing else, they give me an excuse to head down to Florida and soak up the sun. But truly and honestly, I am very fortunate to have a good relationship with all of my siblings and their families. It is something I do not take for granted, even though I am so far away.

I am thankful for my home, even though sometimes I worry that it's a big expensive money pit. I really do love it, especially now that I am getting settled in.

I am thankful for my job, which gives me an opportunity to use all of the skills I gained in my five years at Ohio University.

On a lighter note...speaking of Ohio University, I am glad that Bobcat football is fun to watch this year, and they are doing so well that it is on TV once in a while. Maybe I'll even head to Detroit if that's the bowl game they get this year?

Life is good. I am blessed. I hope you all are too.

Have a safe and happy holiday. If nothing else, I will see you Wednesday for the beginning of National Blog Posting Month. I have to catch up on some besos with my nephew before then.

1 comment(s):

I had no idea we were sister Ohioians! I can appreciate your gratitude of family and friends. Here are some gratitude hugs ****

:)

Deb

By Blogger The Katzbox, at 11/26/2010 11:52 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home