Does anybody read these?

Thursday, June 02, 2011

Betty Crocker

I love to cook. I am a big fan of baking and cooking things. Especially when I'm stressed out. Although right now my stress level is pretty low, and I'm still going to go a little crazy in the kitchen tonight. I want to make a pie and some muffins and some Italian pork chops plus throw a butt roast in the crock pot for pulled pork tomorrow night.

I am trying to decide if I'm going to have some vino this evening. I am thinking about it. I have a Malbec at the house that will be tasty. I just don't drink wine fast enough when I'm alone, and it's expensive to open for one glass before you pass out on the couch. Maybe that's why I generally prefer hard liquor -- longer shelf life.

I have a zillion cookbooks. In fact, the bookshelf on my den is completely filled with cookbooks. You'd think I'd always know what I want to eat, but that is not the case at all. It's a constant struggle for me. If I were a fan of planning ahead, then I'd probably never have to worry about it, and I surely wouldn't go to the store as much as I do. It seems like I stop on the way home almost every night. No telling how much extra money this habit costs me.

Maybe that will be a goal for next week -- to plan out my menu and make one trip to Kroger. Maybe I'll just eat mac & cheese all week and save money. I guess it will depend if I am over this baking and cooking craziness by then.

Probably not. I never really get over it. So, I think my goal next week will be to try at least one new recipe from a cookbook that is already on my shelf and report back.

And, while we're on the topic of fans, I should report that most people are fans of my cooking. In fact, the guy at work who doesn't eat at potlucks because he's afraid of germs from other people's kitchens, always asks me when I'm going to make another treat for my co-workers.

The answer to that would be that I will channel the "muffin madness" into goodies for Monday's staff meeting.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home