Does anybody read these?

Monday, June 13, 2011

Whoosh!

I was all excited about my $30 Lane Bryant dress that I look absolutely wonderful in today. Then Michelle Obama went out in a $29 Gap dress and looked even better. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

I went to Kroger at lunch today and bought Smart Ones/Lean Cuisines/Healthy Choices for breakfast and lunch for all week, along with a bottle of Pepsi Max and some sweet tea made with Splenda.

I am going to the gym after work to run. Yes, run. I am really, honestly starting Couch 25k today. Honestly. I even committed to run in the Susan G. Komen 5K in the fall. I am even going to get another pair of my Susan G. Komen pink ribbon running shoes for the occasion. And, I'm actually excited about it.

After all, I figure if a 400-pound man can run an entire marathon, I can do a 5K. And then a half-marathon (Nashville next April?). I don't know that I'll ever do whole marathons, but I need to get addicted to half-marathons again. I was in the best shape of my life when I did them. And that was -- agh -- 90 pounds ago.

Yes, I have 90 pounds to lose. At least. Yes, I'm pissed about it. But the only thing I can do is start running. I just need to watch what I eat and work out everyday, and I will be fine.

I know how to do it; I just got lazy and let other things take priority. That's no way to live. Sometimes you have to be a little selfish, especially when it comes to your health. And while I've been able to stay healthy so far, I'm not silly enough to think that will last forever at this weight.

We're switching our schedule at work for the summer, which will make it challenging to squeeze the gym in, but I just have to do it. I have to find that girl who worked her ass off 8, 9, 10 years ago to look awesome and feel great. She's in here somewhere. I don't think the fat's completely suffocated her yet.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home