Does anybody read these?

Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Grilled

I love to grill out. So, I was quite distressed when I found out that my condo association actually enforces our city's grilling laws. This means that because we are in a multi-unit dwelling with vinyl siding, we aren't supposed to have charcoal or gas grills. It's absolutely ridiculous, and I don't think anyone else enforces this rule. At least, when I drive around other developments or visit my friends, they all have gas grills. I understand banning charcoal, especially with wooden decks, but I really don't see how I am going to burn down my house with a gas grill on a concrete patio several feet from my house.

I bought an electric grill. It actually works really well except that it uses the entire 15 amp breaker that it's on, so we can't watch TV or turn lights on or anything else while it's running. But the steaks were good.

I am glad that my neighbors don't set my house on fire with wayward charcoal grills. I just wish there were some consistency in enforcing the law. It seems pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home