Does anybody read these?

Tuesday, November 01, 2011

November

And with the turn of the calendar page, my favorite holiday has faded into memories for another year.

So, I'm doing what any person distressed by Halloween being over would do: I'm planning Thanksgiving.

The evites are sent, the menu is planned, and I'm still on the hunt for some more plates.

If only I had a table...

I'm also hoping, although this may be a long shot, that The Money Pit will officially be mine by Thanksgiving. Even if it's not, we'll still have champagne, but I'd really like to be done with all this house-buying nonsense. It's very time-consuming. If I have to fax or email one more document, I may scream.

But before we can finish purchasing the house, we'll need an appraisal. So, that explains why I'm going home to clean and move furniture tonight. I need the house to look like it's worth what I'm paying for it.

I think it will be fine, but I do want to paint the bathrooms a) to give myself peace of mind and b) because I finally picked out colors for the damn things. Maybe that will be this weekend's project.

This morning I saw a tweet that said there are eight weeks left in the year, so now's the time to start working on all those New Year's promises we've neglected.

If only I had that kind of time.

It's also the beginning of National Novel Writing Month, but I'm not even going to try. I know I won't have to crank out 50,000 words. But I promise I will write my book someday. I'm just not sure when. Maybe I'll at least get some more thoughts out. Maybe I'll find the handwritten missing chapter that's on a legal pad when I unpack those last few boxes.

Yep. There's still lots to do. Just as soon as I get the Halloween decorations packed in the attic for next year...

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home