Does anybody read these?

Monday, November 28, 2005

Hello, Mr. Ford? It's not Mariucci...

I cannot believe this. The Detroit Lions have sucked as long as I can remember. I cannot think of a time they were good. They've just always sucked, but Detroiters love them anyways. They're a great mascot for a decaying Rust Belt town. First we got a new stadium. And they still suck. Joey Harrington came to Detroit and showed promise, but a quarterback can't do it all by himself. Then a couple of years ago, they hired Michigan native and good coach Steve Mariucci. I never expected Mariucci to be the savior of the Lions. I never figured they'd turn into a competitor overnight, and they haven't. They're still the same crappy Detroit Lions they've ever been. People still want Harrington's head on a plate, but I didn't realize there were people out there who thought it was Mariucci's fault. The man is a good coach. He had winning seasons for other teams. The Lions are not going to win until they get some talent on the field and in the front office, and Mariucci can only do so much about that. Honestly, I suspect that General Manager Matt Millen is most of the problem, but obviously he is calling the shots and Bill Ford is OK with that. I expect Joey to be the next one with his head on a stick outside Ford Field.

I'll miss Mariucci. And as a Michigan fan, I'm really hoping he doesn't go to Michigan State like my brother Luke has predicted.

Here's the article for those who want the "official" news on this. When the press release comes out, I'll post it. Lions' press releases are usually fun, but not in the same way that Holly's are fun.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home