Does anybody read these?

Monday, November 28, 2005

Two crafts we did at Church

The first one I did with just my 3-6 year olds, which is a Thanksgiving tree. I made the trunk out of a few paper sacks I got at Kroger, and then at class we all traced our hands on different construction paper and then cut them out. I told them to do as many "leaves" as they could fit on their page. Then they either did it themselves or I helped them write what they were thankful for. Some are not legible, but it's the thought that counts. :-) Then we taped it on the wall in the Parish Hall for everyone to see. Little Nathan got the idea to put some leaves on the bottom of the trunk like they had fallen off.



The second project was for the whole Parish. Yesterday at our coffee and donuts fellowship time after mass (right before Sunday School), I gave everyone a sheet of green paper and a pencil and told them to trace their hands onto the paper and write their name in the middle of their hands. Then we collected them up and the older kids in Sunday school cut them all out. They also made holly leaves with red paper. Then they put them up on the wall in the shape of a wreath. After it was all done, we added the three purple candles and one pink one and the flame on the first purple candle. It looks pretty nice. I can't wait to see everyone's faces when they see what we did with their hands.

1 comment(s):

Love the projects, they turned out great. The kids did a wonderful job.

By Blogger rosalie, at 11/28/2005 12:53 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home