Does anybody read these?

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Our government hard at work

Washington is a busy, busy place. They are looking for right-wing extremists to serve on the Supreme Court. Many are busy avoiding indictments. There's a war going on. So, that's why I was a bit surprised to see that our Senators are hard at work fighting steroids in Major League Baseball. Don't get me wrong, I think that steroids in baseball are bad and something needs to be done. But isn't it up to the MLB commissioner Bud Selig, the team owners and the players? It's nifty that we have former athletes in the Congress, but I can't help but think for a party that's so interested in less federal government and a more hands-off approach that this is really an unnecessary Bill. I know that baseball is America's pasttime, but how about if I want to pay for it, I spend $50 and go to a game. I don't think our tax dollars need to be spent to get the overpaid, giant babies who are pro athletes off drugs.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home