Does anybody read these?

Saturday, December 17, 2005

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

This morning I had the last round of cup hell until next year. I looked like Santa with my black bag of packages for the Post Office. Luckily, there were a couple little presents in there too. Folks aren't getting much this year, I cut back with the impending doom at work. Anyhow, I waited in line for about 30 minutes at the post office.

Rushed home to go Christmas shopping with my uncle, although he ended up getting delayed and it was later when we went. We stopped by the Diocesan Retreat Center where I had decorated the pool with a luau-themed Christmas for their open house. They've got groups coming in for Christmas pool parties (to each his own, I guess) so I had to bring everything home. I put all the luau stuff in a box and it's going to my storage locker and with me and Kayla to Nashville. Act surprised when you come to our first cookout this summer, OK?

Then my uncle and I went to Sam's Club, which was surprisingly less busy than I thought, but lacking in the free sample department. All they had was some marinated salmon and I still can't eat it since the great food poisoning of 2004. Spend one night in the emergency room from bad salmon... Anyhow, we didn't do too much shopping because he forgot his asthma meds and wasn't doing too great. We tried to grab dinner at every restaurant in town but they were all packed. We finally went to the Chinese buffet and it wasn't too crowded and the food was good. Expect to read about my fortune cookies, lol.

When I came home I curled up on the couch under a throw and watched Love Actually. I love that movie and it really fit my mood. Some of my other favorite Christmas movies: National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (probably favorite), The Preacher's Wife, Elf, A Christmas Story and Christmas with the Kranks (although the book is infinitely better than the movie). I can't really think of a Christmas movie or special that I don't like, actually...

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home