Does anybody read these?

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Is anybody out there?

This is one of those times that I wish people didn't read my blog. But they do. Oh well. I'm not sure who'll see this and who won't. I won't go into specifics because I guess I'm such a nice person I wouldn't want anyone to be embarrassed by me telling you about their behavior. I've just been disappointed a lot lately, some people were people from which it's expected, and others were a total surprise.

You know there are some folks who think I'm a pretty shitty friend. Now, I've always suspected that's because they wouldn't recognize a good friend because they are incapable of being one. Now, I know I'm not a bad friend. In fact, most people would accuse me of perhaps being a better friend than I really need to be. I'm too nice. And sometimes that's not a good thing.

Well, right now, I'm feeling like I don't think I'll ever do another nice thing for another person as long as I live. I'm sick of being nice to people and not being treated the same in return. And yes, I understand life is not fair. But I've been really stressed out lately, and you'd think a good friend would help make things better, not make them worse.

And besides, am I the only person who feels like one's word still means something these days?

Song of the day is "Leave the Pieces," by the Wreckers. I liked it before I realized that it totally fits right now.

Leave The Pieces

You're not sure that you love me
But you're not sure enough to let me go
Baby it ain't fair you know
To just keep me hangin' 'round

You say you don't wanna hurt me
Don't want to see my tears
So why are you still standing here
Just watching me drown

And it's alright, yeah I'll be fine
Don't worry 'bout this heart of mine
Just take your love and hit the road
There's nothing you can do or say
You're gonna break my heart anyway
So just leave the pieces when you go

You can drag out the heartache
Baby you can make it quick
Really get it over with
And just let me move on

Don't concern yourself
With this mess you've left for me
I can clean it up, you see
Just as long as you're gone

You not making up your mind
Is killing me and wasting time
I need so much more than that
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Leave the pieces when you go
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah,
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Leave the pieces when you go

2 comment(s):

I have no clue what any of that meant but...

((((((((Laura))))))))

Here's a big virtual hug for you!

By Blogger one4JC, at 7/02/2006 3:25 PM  

OK
Now I'm going to bitch. I told you to stop talking about lack, hard as hell as it is to do. Don't utter one word about bills, etc., etc. Start talking, thinking and writing prosperity every day in every way.
Remember me? I was unemployed for almost a year and depleting my saving drastically. Yes, I was worried as all hell. I refused to even consider moving in with one of my kids. Then I got back on to positive affirmations. They have to be in the now, like it has already happened. It works. It is also in the bible several places. Look it up. "As a man speaketh, so he is" or something to that effect.
Hey, I started to affirm for work and yahoo! I landed a job when I really started looking in a whole new way with an attitude of "I've got it".
Well, Laura, you didn't know this but I landed a job in a week. Been working 2 months now and love the job and people. Was approached about full time when I had been there only 1 week.
My mantra: "I love my job and can and do a great work!"
Pretty good for a gal who should be retired.
Come on, I know you and believe in you. I know you can do it!!!
Gini

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/02/2006 11:22 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home