Does anybody read these?

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Quiet

The cable guy screwed up the date, so there's no cable yet. I'm borrowing a neighbor's Internet connection to get online right now. (Shhh...)

It's quiet, except for the rain hitting the roof. I woke up exhausted. There are boxes everywhere.

After moving and packing pretty much for two days straight, I am just resting in bed right now. I thought I might get to the boxes, but maybe not. Tonight after work I'm supposed to go to Carol's to get my stuff out of the kitchen and borrow her cable to watch Brothers and Sisters.

I don't know what I would've done without her yesterday. All my moving help bailed, and I'd have been screwed if she hadn't helped. And Jane too. She's great.

I tried to run the dishwasher and flooded the kitchen. I'm not sure what to do about that. I'm sure it'll all work itself out eventually.

It's nice to have my own space, but I hope I don't get lonely. It's weird to go from a house that constantly had something going on, or at least there was a dog snoring somewhere, to a house that's silent. I don't do silence very well. It'll be better once there's TV to watch. Hopefully tomorrow.

The dogs seem to really miss me already. That makes me sad. Carol might also have to move because she can't afford the house. That house does have a lot of good memories. I will miss it. I just think this will work out better, as long as I don't go nuts from the silence.

I might change my schedule back at Toyland so I'm not home so much. Or find a new job since that one's so far away. We'll test the commute out today. It's not like the old days where I was always out with my friends and I was never home. My friends seem to have moved on. Now it's just me.

Maybe if Jane's OK with it, I will bring a cat back with me from home when I'm there. Maybe.

3 comment(s):

You will get settled in and it will be great. I have faith!

By Blogger rosalie, at 2/18/2008 9:06 AM  

Congrats on your new digs. Hope you get used to the quiet soon. I just love living alone - nobody to mess with your space and everything is just where you left it. There's always the phone when you get tired of the quiet.

Charlene

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/20/2008 10:34 PM  

CONGRATULATIONS on the move. Once you are unpacked and settled, you'll love it.

By Blogger Daisy, at 2/26/2008 9:24 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home