Does anybody read these?

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Cindy

You have been all great, reminding what real friendship is. But I was re-reading some blog posts, and this comment from Cindy just hit where I needed it to hit.

Ah, that post made me want to cry. We've all been there Lj, hell the two of us have been there together over a bunch of really stupid shit. We parted ways, in a not so nice way, but never burned the bridge that linked us. Relationships, whether it be with a friend or a new love, have a way of working themselves out if they are meant to be salvaged and those that aren't meant to be are just memories, good or bad, to fill up the -dash- in your life.

As many of you know, Cindy and I did not talk for almost two years. But I never stopped loving her. And when we were both ready, we rediscovered our friendship. It's not exactly like it was before, but we're getting there, and I know that either of us would do anything for the other.

We never burned any bridges.

We never stopped loving each other.

I realized today that some people don't understand the concept of unconditional love. They need our prayers.

3 comment(s):

I agree...they need our prayers.

By Blogger Daisy, at 3/30/2008 6:01 PM  

Very well put, I wish that Cindy and I had met at some point. She seem like a really cool lady. Wow, I can't believe it has been that long since this journey has started. I am proud to call you my friend.

By Blogger rosalie, at 3/31/2008 9:15 PM  

Wow, I need to check out your blog more often, lol.

A lot of water went under that bridge but I always felt like that the foundation for our friendship was strong but we just needed a sabbatical from each other. While we can't go back and take away those hurtful words spouted in anger, and while we will probably never be able to get to the point that we once were, that's not a bad thing. Instead, it is a good thing that we have more or less started with a clean slate. Even though we still look the same, the women that we are today vs. the women that we were two years ago do not remotely resemble each other. There is no longer a hidden agenda, there is no longer a lack of trust.....instead there is a friendship that has weathered a Katrina and survived. We are the lucky ones.

Sidenote: Rosalie, I REALLY am a nice person regardless what you have heard in the past. lol

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/06/2008 4:27 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home