Does anybody read these?

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Yay!

So, my week of birthday celebrations has finally ended. Last night was a blast. We went to Big River for dinner, and Mistee brought me a birthday princess crown and lei and Mardi Gras beads that had a shot glass on them that said "Another Birthday Shot?" Needless to say, I was the life of the party.

And birthday shots are fun, except when everyone makes fun of you for having Crown because Jack Daniels reminds you of someone who's making you grumpy.

He sent me a text at 7:14 this morning, by the way. I'm not sure what to say, so I haven't replied.

The evening concluded with Mike, Keith and Ben singing the entire Rent soundtrack at Lonnie's, of all places! Someone kept cheering while they sang, and I couldn't figure out who would do that when three gay guys sing Broadway hits at a honkytonk, until we got back to our seats and this guy (who was very cute, by the way) hit on Keith. Keith proclaimed him "too old," we went on our way. Because I needed my precious slumber, I dropped them all at Play and headed home, where I don't even remember falling asleep.

Because I got the most amazing and super-generous birthday present ever, tomorrow I am going to completely re-do my bathroom. I have to stop at Bed, Bath and Beyond to pick up a few things, but it's going to be really cool. After that, I plan to tackle my bedroom. I'm hoping it'll feel very island-y, and the next six months will fly by.

Last night, in my mojito-and-whiskey-induced stupor, I shared a little secret with Mike and Mistee. You see, when I walked in the bar there was this cute, big guy singing on the stage, and at first I thought he was that guy I hooked up with ages ago and it went horribly wrong. Then they called him Chad, and it was OK. Especially because he was very cute. He was cuddly-looking and funny. He even told me there was no way I was 32 when Emma announced it to the whole bar. (You wear a birthday crown; people ask.) But I realized, as I proclaimed him "Tambolicious" to which Mistee replied "Look! He even smokes!" that I keep hooking up with cuddly guys with ball caps and cigarettes because I miss that little SOB. Not like there's much I can do about it, but I do. Maybe someday I'll find a suitable replacement who doesn't tell me how cute I am and make all these promises only to tell me a few weeks later that I just need to leave him alone.

Maybe, we'll see. If you know anyone who fits the bill, let me know. The guy from last night might've been OK until he told me he had to leave because he had to go to school the next day. I'm guessing he might be a tad bit young for me.

2 comment(s):

So glad to hear such a great update from last night. It sounds like it was a blast. As for the guy, he could have been closer to your age than you think. Lots of people are going back to school later in life or he might have just gotten a late start.

By Blogger rosalie, at 5/29/2008 9:17 PM  

i agree! i went back and started taking classes as did a few people i know. go for it! responsibility is a good sign! i glad your birthday was fun!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/30/2008 10:45 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home