Does anybody read these?

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Since you miss me...

It's been a week, so I am sure that you all miss me.

I don't have too much to say. I'm not sure if I still need to be grateful or not, but I am grateful for the Red Wings winning the Stanley Cup last week. That was nice.

I'm really tired today. I went to a really fun charity concert last night. It was nice to see Chris again.

Sometimes I wonder if I had been someone else if I'd have been more worth the effort. Occasionally I still get a text making sure I'm alive, but I miss a relationship that was full of passion and -- more importantly -- friendship. I wonder if we can be friends, that's why I haven't walked away completely, but I know I'm not as loved as I once thought I was.

It's OK. That happens a lot. And things have changed for me, too. It's not looking like it's for the better, but it was worth a try to see what happens.

Basically, I have decided if the good Lord wants me to not be alone, he will find someone for me. I am not looking online. I'm not texting boys from long ago out of nowhere. I talked to a lady yesterday who met her husband in line at McDonald's -- at 72 years old!

I think I'll die if I'm alone until I'm 72, but I trust God has a plan for me, and He knows that I don't want to be that way.

But I don't think He wants me to be the way that I have been lately.

I'm just really hoping that he didn't send that strange man who asked for my help at Walmart and told me that I was pretty, because while I appreciated the compliment, I couldn't get away from him fast enough.

I'll know. When it's the right person, I'll know. All the pieces will fall into place.

And maybe until then, I should just lock my goodies in the fort.

1 comment(s):

Actually, the gratitude is beginning to annoy me a bit. I love the cynical, sarcastic, bent-out-of-shape person you can be!

No, God didn't send you that guy who said you're pretty any more than he sent me the toothless, tattooed, emaciated, rehab-reject, ex-con that flirted with me last week. It's God's way of reminding you (and Himself!) that standards must be upheld.

We'll put out an advertisement for a nice Island boy for the both of us.

Charlene

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/10/2008 10:34 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home