Does anybody read these?

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Blech

When the least shitty thing to happen to you on a given day is your weigh-in for your new weight-loss group, AND you're fat and the number was bigger than you've seen in probably five, maybe six years, you know it's going to be a very bad day.

I called my mom this morning, only to find that the company formerly known as Generous Motors is cutting retirees' health benefits to keep from going bankrupt. I guess it would be worse if they went bankrupt, but my mom has a lot of health problems and I don't know how she and dad are going to afford to pay for her prescriptions if they only have Medicare -- as long as Medicare lasts anyhow.

There's more going wrong. I'm not in a good mood. I just want to cry. I'm not going into it, but this makes me feel a little better just by telling you all that I'm having a shitty day.

And to think when I got up this morning I was excited about my $2 door mat and new sheets that I got on clearance at Target. Things can turn on a dime, can't they?

I'm too young to have to worry about taking care of my parents, but it's my responsibility. Mom says everything will be OK, but I guess I just realized recently that none of us are as young as we used to be...

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home