Does anybody read these?

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Gephardt?

So, word on the street is that the Republicans are afraid of Dick Gephardt. They should be. He's a good man.

He's so good, in fact, that if BO (my new name for our candidate) picks him as a running mate, I will wear his t-shirts and write him a check. (You can hold me to this.) I have faith in Dick Gephardt. Enough faith that I believe it could eclipse all of my doubts about Obama, and I still have lots of them -- especially of his campaign strategy here.

This is, of course, because Wes Clark basically said what most of us had been thinking and now everyone hates him. Seriously. Pretty much all he said was that he doesn't question McCain's service, but he does question how his life experiences have not affected his judgment. He's the only person I know who had awful things happen to him in Vietnam and he LOVES war. I was a Bob Kerrey supporter in 1992. I love Max Clelland. Even Wes Clark came out of Vietnam a little more peaceful. But John McCain spends five years in the Hanoi Hilton and doesn't see what's wrong with spending 100 more years in Iraq? That is a judgment problem, and not one I want to see from someone with his finger on the big, red button.

I still love Wes Clark, because a good military man has the balls to say what's right when everyone else looks the other way. It's why Colin Powell had to leave the current administration, isn't it?

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home