Does anybody read these?

Monday, June 16, 2008

Random things...

So, I had a good weekend, but now it's time for super-busy time at work. My big, giant magazine has to be designed by Monday. Eek.

It'll be fine. It might take a million hours, but it'll be fine.

I'm really upset about Tim Russert passing away. First of all, he was so young and so close to his family, a life cut short. Secondly, he was one of my professional heroes -- a journalist, a Congressional aide, a lawyer, taught by nuns -- he was everything I have ever hoped to be. I just wish I could be half the journalist he was or that my political analyis was taken half as seriously.

For example, I'm really itching to have all kinds of analysis and commentary about Obama's new strategy to get other states instead of Florida and Ohio. His only real hope with that strategy is that McCain picks equally decrepit and inept Fred Thompson to be his running mate.

No, siree Bob, I cannot believe that we have to finish this election cycle without Tim Russert. I agree with Matt Lauer that perhaps this will all really hit us on election night when no one is scribbling "Florida Florida Florida" on a whiteboard. (Barack, did you catch that?!) It seems so surreal right now.

What else is going on? Busy at work. Sad about professional hero dying. Hmmm...

Oh, Michelle lent me her entire collection of House episodes, so I'm hoping to get all caught up with that. Eventually. (I did mention the big pile of work, didn't I?)

Now that you have all seen my bathroom, maybe I will take more pictures of my house. Of course, that would require me to tidy up just a little bit. It looks like a tornado landed last night...

I'm going to go do some more work. I'll try to check in when I can.

2 comment(s):

I am sad about Tim Russert passing as well.

There is just something about Obama that makes me uncomfortable.

By Blogger Daisy, at 6/17/2008 3:55 PM  

He makes me less uncomfortable than McCain. However, the more I learn about his strategy to win in November, the more I realize that it's probably not going to happen. And I was really nervous to find out that there is a Republican on his short list for VP. I dare him.

By Blogger Laura, at 6/17/2008 3:58 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home