Does anybody read these?

Friday, December 12, 2008

In case you haven't...

I will spare you all yet another rant about my feelings on the auto industry "bail out." Needless to say, I am pretty perturbed about the whole situation right now. And any auto worker who voted for Bob Corker or Mitch McConnell should be ashamed. Not as ashamed as Corker and McConnell should be, but still... And for all those "NASCAR voters" who went with Caribou Barbie and Grandpa McCain, I hope you enjoy watching Hondas and Volkswagens race each other if the Big Three don't make it.

It looks like the government will not let the inaction of the Senate allow the auto industry to collapse. That would be wise. Because mark my words, we will have a Depression if the auto industry collapses. Our economy cannot afford that.

Anyhow, my whole point here was if you have not gone to http://www.gmfactsandfiction.com/, I urge you to do that. It's important that everyone understands what is going on here. It just seems like everyone who didn't grow up in an automotive household is confused about what is going on here. And, of course, this is really just a) a form of "class war fare," and b) a way to further erode the power of the Unions.

Song of the Day: "My Hometown" by Bruce Springsteen.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home