Does anybody read these?

Monday, December 08, 2008

I know you've been waiting!

The party went well. There ended up being seven people, which I didn't think was bad for pulling it together at the last minute.

The tree looks very cute. Portia didn't seem too distressed about having strangers in her house this time. She does seem to gravitate toward people who are allergic to cats, though.

We decorated the tree, ate snacks, watched my box set of classic Christmas shows (Rudolph, Frosty, the Year Without Santa Claus) and then had the "Dirty Santa" exchange. Allen did a good job picking out a gift, considering he didn't know what Dirty Santa was at 2 p.m.that day. But, no one really stole anyone else's gifts, so that was kind of boring. But I think everyone really liked their gifts!

I learned that soy nog is disgusting. I couldn't even bring myself to waste bourbon in it. It was just gross. I don't think it had any spices, and the nutmeg is what makes egg nog rock. (Well, that and the bourbon.)

I went to the doctor today. It wasn't bad. I got three free NuvaRings, although I thought he might take them away. My BP was a little elevated, but I took along my log book that showed it has been 130/86 for a week, so that might've helped me plead my case. Needless to say, Dr. Moran thinks the personal trainer is a good idea.

I'm not sure I do anymore. I don't think that it's going to make any difference to anything but my pocketbook to pay someone to help me lose weight. It's not going to make anyone love me. It's not going to make anyone hate me less. It's just going to make me thinner and poor.

We'll see. I'll check it out tomorrow. I just don't know if it's going to work. I know I was all gung-ho last week, but I don't think that everyone else being an asshole about my weight is really a reason to work my ass off to shed a few pounds.

I really don't mind how I look. It's fine. If people don't want to be with me, it's their loss because I am a fantastic, wonderful woman. I don't want to be with anyone that shallow anyhow. Because eventually I'll gain the weight back and get left, and that would piss me off.

5 comment(s):

Now laura, do not think that.
You should focus on losing weight for health not to get someone interested.
You are a wonderful and kind and funny and cute girl and any guy would be lucky to have you in his life. And you cook!!!
Most girls do not cook it seems, I hear from all my guy friends.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/08/2008 8:26 PM  

I'm fine with who I am. I am not as healthy as I could be, but I really truly have gotten comfortable in my skin. You all saw me wear a tankini, cover-up skirt and tank top all day -- in public.There was a time in my life when I wouldn't have even thought about that.

It just seems like everyone else has a problem with overweight people, and I don't like being discriminated against. I don't like that every asshole guy turns me down because I'm too fat. Or thinks I'll just give up the goodies because I can't do any better. I've done lots better, but that's not what I base relationships on.

By Blogger Laura, at 12/08/2008 8:38 PM  

Oops, I did not mean you were only interested in losing weight to get a guy. I did not phrase that well. Sorry laura, what I meant was when I have clients who are heavier my talk is always the same...do it for your health no other reason.

People do discriminate against and it is wrong but society has really painted a picture of these glossy magazines on how men and women should look and that is so much BS!!!

At the end of the day, all that matters is you like yourself, see all you have to offer and the right guy will see that.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/08/2008 8:49 PM  

I know that's not how you meant it. But it's true. Somewhere along the way, people decided that if you weren't a size 2, you had no value. It's unfortunate, but it's how things are these days.

I don't know what to do. I am fine with myself, but I feel like I am not good enough.

By Blogger Laura, at 12/08/2008 9:06 PM  

I don't know what to do. I am fine with myself, but I feel like I am not good enough.

Huh? You got me Laura.......you are fine but not good enough?

Just take your time and do what you want for you no one else..
at the end of the day that is the most important

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/09/2008 11:53 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home