Does anybody read these?

Thursday, January 08, 2009

WTF?

I told you that if I spoke too loudly, the fates would hear me and probably swoop in and relieve me of my happiness.

I'm guessing that perhaps I spoke too loudly.

I learned something yesterday that rocked my world. And no, I'm never talking about it. It's a secret that I'm taking all the way to my grave. So don't even ask.

(Yes, I mean you.)

I thought it would be OK. I was fine all day.

And then I came home and decided after I worked out, that I would try to learn a little bit more about this situation I've somehow got myself in.

Four hours later, I am sitting here in my shorts and soggy dollar t-shirt. I have done zero push-ups, zero sit-ups and haven't touched a weight. And I'm not going to. The only weights I'm dealing with are the ones on my shoulders.

I'm confused and sad. I missed all of Grey's Anatomy. I ate two pieces of tiramisu -- thank goodness it was low-fat (and delicious, but more on that later!).

Every time things start to get good, life kicks me in the gut.

It's getting old.

I'll figure it all out. I always do.

It just sucks to cry until your eyes and nose hurts, especially when it seems like it happens all the fucking time.

3 comment(s):

I had one of those days too but mine was all work related. I will go out on a limb and say that yours probably wasn't. Not gonna ask, cause you know where I stay at even though for some reason I can't see to remember to at least keep one of my cell phones charged, lol. Whatever it is, take a deep breath and you will be fine.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/09/2009 8:28 PM  

Laura,
I am sorry things hit a rough patch.
There is good too.
You have someone that you can cook for and that is cool.
You have a trainer that is motivating you so you can do the country marathon in april, then Detroit and then 8 Tuff Miles in 2010.....
Those are great things going on

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/12/2009 11:27 AM  

you have to concentrate on the positive and just forget about the negative stuff. I know it is easier said than done. chin up you have some great things in your life

By Blogger rosalie, at 1/15/2009 11:52 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home