Does anybody read these?

Monday, February 01, 2010

Snow and other fun stuff

First of all, today is the first day I have left my house since Friday at 11 a.m. I have cooked all kinds of yummies (which I will get on the blog eventually). I even made pie crust from scratch, which wasn't that hard. So I guess something good came out of the fact that I could not get off the icy mountain to go to Kroger.

I cleaned and started thinking about packing, only to realize that I have no boxes. I need to work on that. I'll see about getting some at work, just as soon as it's safe enough to go there again.

So, now I am at work trying to catch up on the day that I pretty much missed Friday. I am leaving early today to beat the ice freezing back up after dark, but there is plenty to be done.

I thought I'd take a second to tell you all about the house. I wasn't planning on buying a house. And I surely wasn't planning on buying a house that costs more than my current place to live. However, a friend of mine got transfered for her work and has to get rid of her house pretty quickly. She offered to sell it to me for what she paid for it three years ago, which is still less than what it's worth.

I always said I would never be one of those people who bought a house and rented out rooms to pay for it, but why not? Right now I am living in someone else's guest room so she can pay her mortgage. Why not pay my own mortgage and let someone else live one of my guest rooms (I have two). I don't have to share a bathroom and I don't have to worry about Portia ruining someone else's furniture. I might even get a little dog or another cat so Portia has a friend once I am settled in.

I would have loved to stay in the neighborhood where I was, but I am getting a much better deal and I will be closer to work. And besides, I think we can all agree that it is time for a fresh start.

Even though I hate the thought of leaving West Nashville and my cute little condo with its deck and little yard, I love the idea of having a new place that is all my own. And I really love the idea of not being haunted by memories. I think that will be the best part. Because in my current house, I close my eyes and I see me, Chris and Shelby just like it was yesterday. And it wasn't yesterday. It was ages ago.

I told someone yesterday that it's not that I am hanging on to the good times. I don't even remember the good times anymore. I just don't know how to stop loving them. I am sure one day I will forget them, just like the good times. Until then, I'll just cry. It doesn't hurt anything to cry. If nothing else, all the pain reminds me that relationships are pointless and overrated, so I don't have to worry about getting my heart ripped out again. That's not a bad thing.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home