Does anybody read these?

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Places

Remember when I told you that I thought social networking was like putting lojack on your own ass? And how I thought I didn't really want to be that connected?

I don't have Twitter. I don't have Foursquare. I have Facebook, but I am still not sure I like it.

I've been noticing on FB that it's been telling me when people arrive at work, Starbucks, etc., and I thought that was either a) creepy or b) people who missed my memo on oversharing.

Turns out FB has realized people like Foursquare and has found a new way to continue to rule the universe: the Places app.

And, in typical, FB fashion, it just hooked you up to it. So, Zuckerberg woke up this morning and decided to put Lojack on my ass.

But thanks to Wil Wheaton (yes, that Wil Wheaton) bitching about it on his blog, I was able to go in and disable that shit. So, my FB should not be telling you where I am or who I am with.

Which is good, because if I wanted you to know, I'd post about it.

And, with that, I am headed to Babies R Us, and then home. And I'm telling you that because I want to (not that you care), not because FB decided I had to.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home