Does anybody read these?

Monday, August 09, 2010

I don't really want to talk, but I feel like I should keep people in the loop. Who knows? Soon enough, I might need all of you more than you need me.

I have some medical stuff going on. At this point, it is unpleasant medical stuff, but it has the potential to be really frightening medical stuff. I know I shouldn't freak out until I really need to, but I freaked out a little last week. Words like "biopsy" and phrases like "Whatever this ends up being, we believe we've caught it in time to beat it" are pretty freak-out-worthy. Cheesecake helps, really.

Surprisingly, none of this medical excitement has to do with the fact that I'm a moo cow. In fact, I went to the doctor today, and everything weight-wise is good except that I am getting too fat for my little knees.

I am not sure what I am going to do. I am old and tired, and frankly, I am not really seeing the point in busting my ass to lose a whole bunch of weight that I will gain back, because I always do. I'm pretty sure that some people are supposed to be fat.

I just don't want to buy new pants.

I'm toying with the idea of some sort of medical intervention, but frankly I don't see me giving up the booze and every person I talk to says that I would have to give up the booze.

I used to make fun of people who were too fat for pants, so surely I don't want to become one.

But there is no magical panacea. I am not going to lose weight and all of my problems go away. If I lose too much weight, I'll still have to buy new pants.

Oh well, I am not really worrying about the moo cow situation until I get done worrying about the other situation.

We'll see. I am not really in the mood to eat, so maybe that will help. I was down one pound this week from last week's doctor's visit!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home