Does anybody read these?

Monday, July 26, 2010

Odd

So, this is something interesting.

I just got kicked out of a Meetup group. That's something for the ol' self-esteem, isn't it?

I had been following the group for a while but the old organizer didn't plan very fun things. So, I just kind of watched, figuring something enjoyable would come along.

The group got a new organizer, so things looked promising. In fact, they had a super cool event last week. Unfortunately, I had to work.

So, new organizer sends me an e-mail today saying that since I never participate in anything (his one event that I would've gone to had I not had to work, apparently), he has deleted me from the group.

Of course, if I were deleted due to a misunderstanding, I could re-join.

There is also a link where I can click and e-mail him my "feedback," but I don't think that Meetup wants me to give him my feedback, which currently keeps coming out looking a little like "Why don't you go fuck yourself, new guy?"

I mean, seriously, who the eff deletes someone because they didn't go to one event? Why not ask "Hey, why didn't you go?" Or, better yet, Mr, Ace Leader, why not ask, "What kind of events would you be interested in going to?"

I am sure there was some reasoning in his little pea brain about why this was a good idea. I'm sure. Maybe someone who did go got drunk and pissed in a flower pot so he decided to clean house. Yeah, let's go with that.

But, really, there is no law against lurking on the Internet. If there were, I'd have issued several citations in these parts. (Hi, lurkers! Happy Monday!)

Oh well, obviously he doesn't deserve to be graced with my presence anyway. And I don't think I could re-join and go to one of his little cooking events without stabbing him in the hand with a fork.

It still all seems very jerky and un-nice to me. But I have been known to be wrong, and I am in a snit that coffee can't even cure today.

Aside from not being allowed to cook with strangers on the Internet anymore, life has been OK. A few bumps in the road, but nothing I can't handle.

I had a very good weekend, but I'd rather not talk about it because I am sure that others here would think it wasn't good and would get all bent out of shape at me because of it. Oh well.

Maybe someday I'll be able to talk more about it. Or maybe it's nothing. I haven't figured it out yet.

I'm starting to wonder if I will ever get caught up financially. I got thrown another curve ball today, but it is making me grumpy to think about it.

The house might start to fall into place soon. Fingers crossed.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home