Does anybody read these?

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

About that whiskey night...

Remember that episode of Friends where Ross and Rachel are on a break?

Oops.

I guess I'm like Ross sleeping with the girl at the copy store.

There really hasn't been anything in the last month that made me think that I was on a break. My phone calls and texts have not been returned. Invitations have been extended and ignored. And the words "I'm done" were uttered.

So how was I supposed to know it was a break?

Well, apparently it was. I don't know if it still is, because apparently things that I said here on my blog have made it worse. I tried very carefully to not air my dirty laundry here, but the fact is that I have been hurting, and I had no reason to believe after all the calls and pleading that my friend was ever coming back. So, I did what I had to do. I picked myself up by the boots and tried to brush off as best I could.

I have never said anything hurtful here. I did say that it wasn't fair to blame Will for our problems, because it is not. We both felt hurt long before he was ever in the picture.

Despite Cindy asking me the other day how much rejection I could take, I decided to just extend one more olive branch today. And it was almost picked up.

I love Kay. Regardless of whether she decides to walk away or not, she will always be one of my dearest friends and have a very special place in my heart. The last month of my life without her has been pure hell. But I can't wake up and put myself in hell everyday not knowing if she's ever going to come back. I just didn't think it was a break, so I tried to deal as best I could.

That's all I can do. All I know is that if we ever hope to solve our problems, we need to deal with them in person, like people do, not on myspace or on a blog or by text message.

We'll see. Maybe sometimes love isn't enough.

If I didn't wonder if she were too young to get it, I'd totally go Ross Gellar on her ass and call her and scream "We were on a break!" into the phone!

1 comment(s):

I love Ross & Rachel and Friends...as for the rest I will keep my opinion to myself.

By Blogger rosalie, at 4/11/2008 10:45 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home