Does anybody read these?

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Happy Trails...

(Will I ever hear the song "Happy Trails" without thinking of my friend's boss who got caught buying Roy Rogers memorabilia when she was supposed to be doing work. Very funny, but who am I to judge. Of course, this is not going to be an all-day post-a-thon, I'm just sharing some very exciting news.)

This is going to be a good year for Laura, sports fans. Oh yes, a good year indeed. We had some rockiness, but that's all done now.

Ironically, though, I have developed a new-found appreciation for Rascal Flatts. They are still talentless, unattractive hacks, but they sing a lot of songs about people who are incapable of having meaningful relationships and the havoc they wreak, so I'm relating to a lot of their stuff lately.

Don't worry. I won't have posters of Joe Don in my room or anything anytime soon.

But you know who might have posters that I would buy? And then I could party like it's 1989! My boyfriends are back, friends. Jordan, Joey, Donnie, Jonathan and D-wood are in da house. They're coming back. And my friend Shay and I are going to be in the front row. I'm bringing the lighters for "I'll Be Loving You Forever."

And just so you know, they are freaking hotter than ever. And now I'm legal. Too bad they didn't gain all the weight that I have.

OK, so number one is the New Kids reunion (and the little oh-oh-oh part from The Right Stuff stuck in my head).

Next: Trader Joes is coming to Green Hills. The wine bill hasn't passed here yet, so no two-buck Chuck, but this is great news considering when I called the company they told me they weren't coming here until they could sell wine. I'm getting so excited about cheap butternut squash ravioli and hummus that I might have a heart attack.

Lastly: The City Paper has another article on this Gore-gets-the-Presidential-nomination-at-the-primary scenario, and even though I know it really won't happen, it gives me false hope that America will be OK. And lately I've been digging whatever false hope I can get. It's much better news than Obama flitting around America telling everyone that he's going to put Gore on his cabinet, because Al has repeatedly said he will not serve on either person's cabinet. Oh well.

I hate to put bad news in this post, but it's my blog and I need to ask you all to pray for me. My health is not doing so well lately. My blood pressure is not cooperating, even with medicine. I'm not sure what's going to happen when I go to the doctor next week. I had to shell out $50 for an at-home monitor, and for the most part, my readings have been really shitty. Starting next week I am putting myself on an uber-strict diet and exercise plan. I'm really scared about it, which doesn't help. Nor does all my stress lately, which is why I am letting go and letting God on a lot of things. We'll see how my life shapes up in the next few months.

Anyhow, the song of the day is "Better As A Memory" by Kenny Chesney, which I heard on the radio for the first time today. Maybe I'll crank KC up on the iTunes today. I kind of miss him. Not enough to pay $120 to see him, but a little...

2 comment(s):

Hi LJ -
Just posting a note because I've had BP issues, myself. Do you take any vitamin B? I found that, for me, the combo of medicine with a B complex vitamin is a big help.
Just thought I'd let you know..
Barb

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/03/2008 7:28 PM  

My Blood Pressure was an issue when I left an abusive marriage. At first my BP would not respond to medicine. It is now under control wih medicine (and I believe the fact that I am out of a bad environment). I still need to lose weight though.

Prayers and good thoughts are with you.

By Blogger Daisy, at 4/05/2008 12:41 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home