Does anybody read these?

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

The struggle...

I never wanted this to be a blog about diet and exercise. You see, while I'm usually on a diet and sometimes I like to exercise, that's not who I am. And even though it's about to take up a huge chunk of my time, it won't ever be everything that I'm all about.

But, as I was eating my cottage cheese and pear this morning, I realized that I want to share this journey with all of you. Partly because it will give me something to write about without worrying about offending crazy people (oops, that probably offended them too. Oh well!), and partly because I know that my friends who read my blog will support and encourage me.

OK, I'm doing this mostly because I know that you will all support and encourage me. In fact, I secretly suspect that I'm going to need everyone in my life to be on-board for this to work.

And, I have a super-big vested interest in reaching my goals. You see, now that I've decided to do 8 Tuff Miles in 2010, that means no St. John trip in 2009. So, either I make the race or I'll end up waiting almost two years for my next trip. That should be enough incentive to stay with my training here. Of course, so should the health benefits and not having to endure the rude comments of assholes and being passed over by people who can't see past my fluffy exterior.

It's not going to be easy. I'm not naive. But I've done it before, and I know I can do it again. I'm not worried about the physical struggles because your body rewards you for eating right and taking care of it. So, I eat less chocolate; I'll live. I'm just looking forward to not worrying about some of the emotional stuff anymore. Not that being thin will solve all my problems, but I know there are things in life that will be better if I'm smaller.

Mostly, I just want to buy underwear at Victoria's Secret again. I have lots of great underwear, but I miss being able to get stuff there.

1 comment(s):

You know I will support you.
You can always stay at Maho or Concordia.

By Blogger Chris, at 12/03/2008 8:52 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home