Does anybody read these?

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Crazytown

So, I am supposed to take the next 31 days to explain what makes me tick and tell you about the culture that shapes who I am.

It's no wonder I blog to stay sane, because this week with my family is making me crazy.

Right now, my brother is telling his theory about Sex and the City. We are all laughing so loud that I can barely type. My mom is telling us to stop before we wake up the baby.

This morning my oldest brother asked me if he could borrow my blog so he could tell everyone on the Internet about how he slept last night.

My youngest brother doesn't believe in the Internet. Says it's the devil.

My middle brother asked where my blog was and how he could leave comments. Considering they are all crazy, I told them it was private.

My dad has told me no less than a dozen times that I need to clean out my car so I can get my brakes fixed. I've never seen brake-fixers go in your car, but what do I know? Dad's great, but when he gets on something, he will be on it for weeks.

He just told me I spend too much time on the Internet, and I explained to him that I have to write everyday.

When he asked me why, I said: "Do you all not realize that I am a writer?" Seriously, do they not know what I do for a living?

I should have brought my therapist home with me. She'd have had a field day.

So, this is day one. If you've always wondered what makes me so crazy and neurotic, maybe this gives you an idea.

Does anyone else have massive amounts of craziness anytime their family gathers?

Also, thanks for the comments. I have decided that I need to read more blogs, and I am totally going to start doing that, trying to leave 5 comments a day, like you suggested. If you know of any blogs I should be reading, let me know.

3 comment(s):

I would ADORE being a fly on the wall at your house. I think your sibs sound like a blast. And yes!...writers write. That's their job, their hobby, and their passion. They also read. Do you read? I would be interested in what you're reading now...

hugs!

p.s. security word of the day is "trunkad"...funny, considering your dad's statement regarding your car.
:)

By Blogger The Katzbox, at 12/01/2010 5:24 PM  

Hey...I just commented...and I don't think you're "Daisy"...

"Daisy" comments on my blog...so...that kind of makes me appear like an idiot....

Still love your blog...

By Blogger The Katzbox, at 12/01/2010 5:26 PM  

I wonder if it's the same Daisy that reads my blog. And very ironic that you called me Daisy because that has been my nickname since I was little, and I love daisies! So, it didn't make you look stupid; it made you look psychic.

By Blogger Laura, at 12/02/2010 9:17 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home