Does anybody read these?

Friday, December 03, 2010

The long road home

So, I just drove 500 miles from Ohio to Tennessee, and I am tired.

I love living in Nashville, but it's so far from home. That journey really wears me out these days. Not sure if it's because I'm too old, don't do it enough or am just a wimp, but I am just about ready for bed.

It doesn't help that my brain is on Ohio time and it's past 10 there. I think I am just going to pass out where I've landed and finish the rest of my journey in the morning. I had to stop and drop off my traveling companion, and I just don't want to battle deer, other drivers and sleepiness to make the last 50 miles on my own.

Nashville has been where I've grown up and become the woman that I am today, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. (OK, there are a few experiences that I would probably trade if I had the chance.) But it does do a number on me to be so far from my family. But at least I have a reliable vehicle that will get me back and forth to Ohio once in a while.

Now, if only I had a magical fairy who put gas in my car as I was driving down the highway.

1 comment(s):

Our best friend and his family live in Nashville. He just emailed me that you have had snow flurries and that sounded nice and Christmasy. Your trips to Ohio may seem like a chore, but to me it seems like it would be nice to have out of state relatives to visit since I have none.

By Blogger GladysMP, at 12/09/2010 4:31 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home