Does anybody read these?

Sunday, December 05, 2010

Angst

Today's post is a little less about zeitgeist and a little more about angst.


Please, bear with me.


First of all, I caught a cold on vacation. So, I woke up this morning and couldn't breathe. That made me grumpy, but now I am chock-full of Dayquil and coffee and I just might live.

But that doesn't stop my case of the grumpies.

Especially when I am in the kitchen cooking and I see pet de-wormer on the kitchen counter.

Now, first, let's get past the grossness of leaving any medicine, especially pet medicine, where we cook food.

The bigger issue is that my roommate's cat obviously has worms. Her cat, which eats my cat's food and lives in the same house with my cat, is not well. And last time Portia had worms (when I first found her), it cost me $110. And I don't have $110 because someone was short on her rent this week.

When she first asked to bring her cat here, I told her that in no way could her cat's arrival upset my cat. It was my cat's house (and I like to think it's mine too). Her cat is her responsibility, and that includes feeding her and taking her to the vet.

I'm guessing if she can't pay her rent, she can't afford to take her cat to the vet. And now, her cat is sick and my cat is at jeopardy of getting sick.

So, yes, I am grumpy.

I think I would be less bitchy if this were the only thing. It's not. It's nowhere near being the only thing. But I'm not sure what to do, so I just internalize my bitchiness and pray that my cat doesn't get sick.

I'm sure at some point I will go postal, but for now I am just sitting here trying to think how to address the many issues that have built up over the last four months.

2 comment(s):

Does you roommate read this blog? If she does you won't have to come up with a way to tell her. LOL

By Blogger Unknown, at 12/06/2010 10:16 AM  

I will admit that your have problems and when something threatens our pets (our chidren for sure) it may hurt more than it would if the threat was to ourself. Here's hoping that your cat doesn't get worms, your cold takes quick departure and the world becomes brighter for you before Christmas day! Hang in there!

By Blogger GladysMP, at 12/09/2010 3:52 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home